1. What was the peak moment of emotion from your IRB shoot?
Getting undressed. Had just gone through a nasty divorce that left me self-conscious and unhappy with my body and confused as to who I was as a women. It was exhilarating to be there at such a beautiful place taking back my femininity.
2. Did you learn anything about yourself that you didn't know prior to your shoot?
That I am a lot stronger than I believed.
3. Did your shoot help you to face or overcome any personal life challenges? (Please feel welcome to share a piece of your story here if it feels appropriate to you...If you are not at a place where you'd like to share, that is okay too!)
After I filled for divorce I thought that was it - I was going to end up a single , miserable, shell of the person I once was , who had 50 dogs.
But life surprises you sometimes. Going through a divorce is stressful and my best friend talked me into joining a gym. It just so happened after a horrible fight with my ex-husband on Valentines day of all days , I went to the gym to relieve some stress and happened to run into someone from my past. I say this so casual but it was my first true love that I had not seen or heard from in more than 10 years. In conversations I referred to him as “my forever” as when we once dated a lifetime ago I thought we would be together forever (What do you know in your 20’s?). While I was so thrown off by just seeing him again on that day it was difficult to not fall off the treadmill. We started talking that day and have been together ever since.
This photo shoot was my gift to him for Christmas and to myself to help find the sexy self-confident women I used to be. Not in a million years did I think I would ever do a Boudoir shoot, but it was the best decision I have ever made.
4. How did Erika make you feel?
Comfortable and sexy.
5. Who would you say would benefit from an IRB shoot?
Any women who has turmoil in their lives that is making them question themselves. Post Baby moms, after having my daughter who is now 5 I hated my body and was ashamed of what I had allowed it to become.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful and empowering words here with us...it's an honor to have you. <3
For more stories....
Or start your own...